J.W. Malis Memorial Scholarship Fund
Rules & Information
Scholarship Year 2017
- Student must be applying to or attending an accredited college or university.
- Transcripts of grades may be requested for proof of eligibility (feel free to provide).
- 4 scholarship maximum per child.
- Scholarship will be maximum of $500, but will depend on amount in the fund and number of applicants.
- Amount may not be announced until the presentation of the award
- One application per family per year
To qualify a member’s child for a J. W. Malis Scholarship Award, the following guidelines must be followed:
- A point system will be used which will require the member to involve himself in lodge activities.
- 20 points will be required in a scholarship year.
- Monthly Meeting (beginning with May General Meeting) = 2 pts. each but REQUIRES
MINIMUM OF 6 MEETINGS
- Any lodge event = 1 pt.
- Committee Meeting = 1 pt. each
- Event Chair or Co-Chair = 1 pt. each
- Sports (Tennis/JAG Sports) = 1 pt. each (MAXIMUM OF 2 PTS)
- Member must be in good standing.
- Scholarship Year is MAY—APRIL because applications are due emd of April
- Rules & Requirements are subject to change and new information for the following year will be announced every year in The Cherry Drop.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE APRIL 30,
Mail or scan and email to :
186 Stratton Lane
Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054